The best time to buy a home is always five years ago. – Ray Brown
Many have thought long and hard about buying real estate, only to realize they have thought too long and too hard.
Real estate inevitably increases, even though there are some small markets that dip. 95% of people, if not more, will attest to the fact that their ideal home has increased in value in the past 5 years, and the truth is, 5 years from now it will be even higher.
Perhaps it is time to ask ourselves a different set of questions that will us decide whether it is finally time to buy or not, such as:
- Will my lifestyle be the same 5 years from now? What about 10?
- Has my lifestyle changed dramatically in the past 5 years?
- Has my desire to buy real estate changed in the past 5 years?
- Am I financially stable enough to purchase a property?
- Does it make sense to me to purchase a home as a stepping stone to your next and ideal home?
- Am I connected with a great local REALTOR® that can help me understand the local market?
While not everyone is in the place to buy a home right now, if you, or your partner and you, are in that place – consider real estate. It is both an investment and a home – you can’t get much better than that!
What do you think?
[Ray] Brown has been a licensed real estate broker since 1976. He co-authored two best-selling For Dummies real estate books, wrote a syndicated real estate column, and hosted a call-in radio show about real estate for 16 years.