Winter and autumn are slower months for property sales. Whereas Spring brings with it renewed interest from homebuyers. As a seller you can use the season’s warmer temperatures, and beautiful blooms to your advantage.
Here are our 5 reasons you should consider selling your home in spring:
- Buyers are actively searching – Buyers search all year round. Especially serious buyer’s but they usually only start narrowing down their choices in the Spring. Another reason to search in spring is that buyers can use the summer vacation to move, without it disrupting their children’s schoolwork. They’ll probably also have a few days off in the summer to manage things.
- The weather is warmer – You may experience a few light showers but nothing distract enough to keep buyers locked away. In fact, in most parts of the countries the weather is neither too warm or too cold. Meaning it’s the perfect temperature for a buyer to attend an open house.
- It’s a great time to list a fixer upper – if you’re selling your home as a fixer upper and you list early in the spring, buyer’s know that by the time the sale is completed they’ll have enough time during the summer to fix what needs fixing.
- Your yard will look great – They say that curb appeal is important things when selling a home as buyers love homes with pleasing exteriors, When you sell in springtime, the grass is green, the flowers are in bloom and your yard will look it’s very best. You may find that it’s a little easier to sell during this time just because of the extra “wow factor” your yard brings to the table.
- The Property Market Is Doing Well – although this has nothing to do with the time of year, or the season. It certainly is the season to sell as buyers are purchasing homes frequently. Listen to any news or finance program and you’ll hear that the real estate market is booming.
If you’ve been wondering what time of year to sell, Spring certainly has great benefits. Listing earlier in the season is better as you’ll reap a full 90 days in the season. Buyers will also be likely to choose your home over late listers. All of that being said, its always best to check with a local agent. Your specific region may differ from the majority of North America. Click here to find an agent!